Wednesday, April 23, 2008

[DK]

Decay to me, through my investigation is present in our world in many shapes and forms. The three main forms of "decay" that I decided to convey are dealing with family and childhood, societal stability, and religion. After careful study of Bansky's work, I decided the best form of art to convey this imagery is through guerilla art. In a sense, this art form can be looked as a certain type of beautiful decay in art. It really cuts itself loose from alot of traditional restrictions and ideations. It is a decay of art but a rebirth and new way of art making. Being that this is a digital class, I edited original photos of mine and placed "grafitti" that references the different forms of decay that I wanted to display. The societal stability is shown through the poverty and lesser quality of living that is the product of it. The childhood and family picture shows and rundown house with an abandoned stroller along with images of lost and distressed children. Lastly, the religious form shows a defaced crucified Christ to represent the lack of belief in the thinking. 






No comments: