Monday, March 3, 2008

The Natural Battle




Nature. What is nature? What defines what is natural or unnatural? The more I have thought over these questions the more I have begun to realize it is a matter of opinion. Many of us see industrialization and man made substances to be unnatural and not a apart of nature; but at the same time it is human nature to survive, since modernizing and developing are ways in which our race has adapted to the modern times isn't it natural. This argument has played out in my head over and over, yet despite the unresolved aspects of my internal dispute, I have found one absolute. Struggle. Constant and endless struggle between man and the environment or mother nature. Man tear down trees to build shopping malls and homes; severe weather knocks down the homes and buildings where trees once stood. Each is destructive and the battle is never ending.

1 comment:

Sarah Davis said...

I would make it a little more clear-like get some higher contrast so it is more evident what exactly what your concept is...