Monday, March 31, 2008

Diversity




This is my view on diversity. I decided to heed Hale's advice and stay away from Hitler propaganda. I decided to create an image entirely in illustrator using solely my drawing tablet. I came up with the idea to make a blank egg, surrounded by sperm of different colors. Each sperm either says boy or girl in a different language. I got this idea when I saw a poster of babies of all ethnicities playing together. Intolerance is not natural, it's a learned behavior. I chose to make the egg translucent so that it represented a blank slate. I also chose not to add too may sperm because I feel this would take away from the composition.

-Jason

PS I had to size this image down A LOT for the internet, I'd prefer to show the printed image for the critique. (The actual size is 3 feet by 6 feet)

No comments: